All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his new collection, rewned writer and poet Harry Ricketts finds room for three songs written in Hong Kong in 1975 and a 1979 poem about a war poet. Other poems remember departed friends and early experiences and celebrate the abiding pleasures of reading, writing, and cricket. With titles for the poems as diverse as Quarantine Island, Flanneled fools, and You can learn stuff from detective vels, Ricketts upholds his reputation for skill using dramatic and satiric tones, exploiting rhyme and other traditional devices, and making wry commentaries. Formally adroit, Just Then is by turns tender, funny, and often surprising.
- Author BiographyHarry Ricketts is a literary scholar, a reviewer, and a poet. He is the author or editor of more than 20 books, including 99 Ways into New Zealand Poetry, The Awa Book of New Zealand Sports Writing, How to Catch a Cricket Match, People Like Us: Sketches of Hong Kong, Rudyard Kipling: A Life, Strange Meetings: The Poets of the Great War, and Your Secret Life.He is also a professor of English literature and creative writing at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Harry Ricketts
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight76 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.