All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe morning of Grandma Beetle's birthday, Ser Galavera arrives at her door, ready to take her onto the next life. 'Just a minute,' Grandma Beetle tells him. She still has one house to sweep, two pots of tea to boil, three pounds of corn to make into tortillas--and that's just the start! Using both Spanish and English words to tally the party preparations, Grandma Beetle cleverly delays her trip and spends her birthday with a table full of grandchildren-- and her surprise guest. This spirited tribute to the rich traditions of Mexican culture is the perfect introduction to counting in both English and Spanish. The vivacious illustrations and lyrical text are sure to be adored by young readers everywhere.
- Author BiographyYuyi Morales is an artist, a Brazilian folk dancer, a puppet maker, and the former host of a Spanish-language storytelling radio show for children. She grew up in Mexico and now lives with her husband, son, and cat in Northern California.
- Author(s)Yuyi Morales
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight181 g
- Width219 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsColoring / join-the-dot book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.