All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionText in French. This book presents the findings of a major comparative study of the role played by traditional justice mechanisms in dealing with the legacy of violent conflict in Africa. The five case studies -- Burundi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Uganda provide options for future policy development in the related areas of post-conflict reconstruction, democracy building and development. The book cautions against unrealistic expectations of traditional structures and offers a sober, evidence-based assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of traditional conflict management mechanisms in the broader framework of post-conflict social reconstruction efforts.
- PublisherInternational IDEA
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationStockholm
- Country of PublicationSweden
- ImprintInternational IDEA
- Weight462 g
- Width165 mm
- Height245 mm
- Edited byLuc Huyse,Mark Salter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.