All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionJustice and peace are key concepts in the discourse of many academic disciplines. Conceptually, they are obviously linked, but perennial disputes surround the question of their interdependence and whether priority must be accorded to justice or peace. This volume brings together a diverse group of internationally rewned scholars from the fields of political theory, philosophy, international relations, history, cultural anthropology, and law to address these overarching questions and offer suggestions on how the friction between justice and peace might be resolved. The contributors draw on long-standing philosophical debates in order to address historical as well as contemporary conflicts ranging from the establishment and enforcement of legal and political rms in the disputes of early modern Europe to present-day tensions inherent in the constitutionalization of international law.
- Author BiographyGunther Hellmann is professor of political science and a principal investigator in the Cluster of Excellence, The Formation of Normative Orders, at the Goethe University Frankfurt.
- PublisherCampus Verlag
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCampus Verlag
- Weight263 g
- Width85 mm
- Height55 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGunther Hellmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.