All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow, forty years since its original publication, Hans Kung's groundbreaking study--acclaimed as a model for ecumenical discussion--has become a classic work. Looking at the doctrine of justification as understood by the Protestant theologian Karl Barth in comparison to classic Roman Catholic theology, Kung found that the two had similar ideas about the main elements of justification. He argued there is fundamental agreement between Catholicism and Barth's doctrine and that the somewhat divergent viewpoints would t warrant a division in the Church. This anniversary edition w features a new essay assessing Kung's work in light of contemporary ecumenical dialogues between Roman Catholics and Protestants.
- Author BiographyHans Kung is President of the Global Ethic Foundation and Professor Emeritus of Ecumenical Theology at the University of Tubingen in Germany. A prolific and important contemporary theologian, he has written over fifty books including On Being a Christian, Does God Exist?, Infallible? An Inquiry, and The Church.
- Author(s)Hans Keung
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/08/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement40th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.