Justification: What's at Stake in the Current Debates by InterVarsity Press (Paperback / softback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJustification It is t just one word among many, but it is a central reality for which Christians are thankful to God. Consequently, a faithful understanding of justification is t merely a concern of academic theologians but of all Christians. Discussion of this crucial matter reached a watershed during the Reformation, but concerns raised since then have t all been resolved throughout the church. In fact, current debates, even controversy, about justification among Protestants and between Protestants and Roman Catholics have been chronicled for general readers in periodicals such asChristianity Today and Books and Culture. In this book Mark Husbands and Daniel J. Treier bring together table evangelical scholars and teachers to address from biblical, historical, theological and ecumenical perspectives key questions that prevent complete unity between Roman Catholic and Protestant branches of the church and raise tensions even among Protestant deminations. Witnessing to certain signs of hope, these essays also ackwledge points of caution. But for every reader who is looking for guidance and orientation to this doctrine and current discussion, this book provides a wealth of charitable yet incisive insight. Key questions addressed inJustification include:
- Does the doctrine of imputation of Christ's righteousness need to be rethought, or does it faithfully reflect biblical teaching?
- How should the faith and transformation of the believer be understood in connection with our justification?
- What is the connection between our union with Christ and justification?
- What can we learn from Lutheran, Wesleyan and Anglican perspectives on justification?
- What does the Lutheran-Catholic Joint Declaration of 1999 contribute to current ecumenical discussions, and what prospects are there for real theological and ecclesiological reconciliation?
- PublisherInterVarsity Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleWheaton Theology Conference
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAssociate Professor of Theology Daniel J Treier,Mark Husbands
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.