Juvenile Delinquency: Theory, Practice, and Law by Brandon Welsh, Larry Siegel (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $333.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnrivaled in its current coverage of topics, the twelfth edition of best-selling JUVENILE DELINQUENCY: THEORY, PRACTICE, AND LAW provides you with timely coverage of theory, policy, and the latest research. Praised for its balanced approach and for the authors' engaging writing style, this book will help you understand the nature of delinquency and its causes, as well as current strategies being used to control or eliminate its occurrence.
- Author BiographyBrandon C. Welsh is an Associate Professor in the College of Criminal Justice at Northeastern University as well as a Senior Research Fellow at the Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement at Free University in Amsterdam. His research interests focus on the prevention of crime and delinquency and evidence-based crime policy. Dr. Welsh has published extensively in these areas and is an author or editor of seven books. Born in Canada, he received his undergraduate and M.A. degrees at the University of Ottawa and his Ph.D. from Cambridge University in England. Larry J. Siegel was born in the Bronx in 1947. While living on Jerome Avenue and attending City College of New York (CCNY) in the 1960s, he was swept up in the social and political currents of the time. He became intrigued with the influence contemporary culture had on individual behavior: Did people shape society, or did society shape people? He applied his interest in social forces and human behavior to the study of crime and justice. After graduating from CCNY, he attended the newly opened program in criminal justice at the State University of New York at Albany, earning both his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees there. After completing his graduate work, Dr. Siegel began his teaching career at Northeastern University and has also held teaching positions at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire, and in the School of Criminology and Justice Studies at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell (UML). Now a Professor Emeritus, he continues to teach courses on criminology and criminal justice in UML'S online master's degree program. Dr. Siegel has written extensively in the area of crime and justice, including books on juvenile law, delinquency, criminology, corrections, criminal justice, and criminal procedure. He is a court-certified expert on police conduct and has testified in numerous legal cases.
- Author(s)Brandon Welsh,Larry Siegel
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1570 g
- Width223 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.