Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionJuvenile Justice: A Text/Reader offers a unique new spin on the core textbook format. Organized like a more traditional juvenile justice text, this Text/Reader is divided into eight sections that contain all the usual topics taught in a juvenile justice course. After a comprehensive overview, each section has an introductory omini-chaptero that provides engaging coverage of key concepts, developments, controversial issues, and research in the field. These authored introductions are followed by carefully selected and edited original research articles. The readings were written by juvenile justice experts and often have a policy orientation that will help address student interest in the oso what?o application of theory. Key Features and Benefits Boasts extensive and unique coverage of the juvenile justice system, focusing on law enforcement, the court system, correctional responses to juvenile offending, and an overview of the causes of delinquency Features a unique oHow to Read a Research Articleoutied to the first reading in the bookuto give students a guide to understand and learn from the edited articles that appear throughout the text. Provides an introduction to each reading to give students an overview of the purpose, main points, and conclusions of each article. Utilizes photographs, boxes, and suggested Web resources to enhance the bookAes presentation and engage student interest. Offers a clear and concise summary of key terms and concepts in each section and discussion questions that enhance student comprehension Ancillaries A Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/lawrencestudy provides self-quizzes, e-flashcards, additional readings, and more. InstructorAes Resources on CD-ROM include test questions for both the text and readings, PowerPoint slides, teaching tips, and other resources. Request a copy by contacting Customer Care at 1.800.818.7243. Intended Audience This Text/Reader is designed to serve as a replacement for a core text, or a supplement text for upper-level undergraduate Juvenile Justice courses in departments of criminal justice, crimilogy, sociology and related disciplines.
- Author BiographyRichard Lawrence is Professor of Criminal Justice at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. He earned a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University, M.A. in Psychology at St. Mary's University, San Antonio, TX and a B.A. in Psychology at Bethel University, St. Paul, MN. He has published two books on school crime and juvenile justice and is the author of more than forty articles and chapters published in academic journals and books, including Juvenile Justice: A Text/Reader, just published by SAGE. Craig Hemmens is Department Chair and Professor in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University. In addition to being the editor for the SAGE Text/Reader Series in Criminology/Criminal Justice, he has published several books, including Law, Justice and Society (Oxford University Press, (c)2012), Legal Guide for Police (Anderson, (c)2011) and An Introduction to Criminal Evidence (Oxford University Press, (c)2009). He holds a J.D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law and a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University. He served as the President of the Association of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS) from 2012 to 2013.
- Author(s)Craig T. Hemmens,Richard A. Lawrence
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSage Text/Reader Series in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.