All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionK9 Mission Ready! provides a structured training program. The book begins with puppy trails and guides the handler to training at an advanced trailing dog level. At the completion of the training program, the K9 should be working at a level that will qualify them to perform with validity and reliability on search missions. The author addresses scent and the way it interacts in the environment. The program leads the reader to consider the interaction between scent in the environment and the K9's behavior on the scent trail. Throughout the book, Reflective Questions are presented to the reader, to help them analyze, and think about how to apply the kwledge presented in the book to a practical application in their training program for their K9 The author advocates that there are universal principles common to all training methods and programs. At the heart of the trailing program is the principle of positive reinforcement. Through a systematic application of reward, the K9 is motivated to high levels of accurate performance and victim loyalty. The training program can be implemented for any breed of dog.
- Author BiographyThe author's love of hounds came when she was given a Blue Tick/Beagle puppy at the age of three. Subsequent, dogs in her life included St. Bernard's, Siberian Huskies, German Shepherds, Standard Poodles. She began in search and rescue (SAR) as a ground support person. After a short time in SAR, she acquired a Bloodhound and began training him as a trailing dog. Her first Bloodhound was trained for trailing, article identification, and Human Remains Detection (HRD). She has since own three Bloodhounds and continues to volunteer in SAR. In addition, to her Bloodhounds, Maryln has a Golden Retriever trained as an HRD dog. In 2010 Maryln co-founded North Star K9 training Association with Paul S. Baty. Their goal was to fashion a training organization for low cost and free training for search and rescue personnel. North Star sponsors seminars and training opportunities throughout the year. Maryln worked as a speech and language pathologist in at risk public schools. She has extensive training in behavior modification strategies, and interventions. She applies this professional knowledge to her dog training strategies. In addition, she is a trailing instructor as seminars where she volunteers her time.
- Author(s)Maryln Allen Adams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Harvey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.