All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Kafka and Wittgenstein, Rebecca Schuman undertakes the first ever book-length scholarly examination of Ludwig Wittgenstein's philosophy of language alongside Franz Kafka's prose fiction. In groundbreaking readings, she argues that although many readers of Kafka are searching for what his texts mean, in this search we are sorely mistaken. Instead, the problems and illusions we portend to uncover, the important questions we attempt to answer-Is Josef K. guilty? If so, of what? What does Gregor Samsa's transformed body mean? Is Land-Surveyor K. a real land surveyor?- themselves presuppose a bigger delusion: that such questions can be asked in the first place. Drawing deeply on the entire range of Wittgenstein's writings, Schuman cannily sheds new light on the enigmatic Kafka.
- Author BiographyRebecca Schuman is Adjunct Instructor, Pierre Laclede Honors College, UM-St. Louis, USA.
- Author(s)Rebecca Schuman
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.49
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.40
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.