All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern Guitar Rigs covers topics of interest to guitarists looking to build pro-level rigs that move beyond a simple pedal board and combo amp. Whether you're playing clubs at the indie band level, getting set for a major tour, heading into the studio to record a new album, or just searching for ultimate tone, this revised and updated edition brings you the most current and effective sound-shaping tools and techniques, including: * Amp setups: integrating pedals and rack gear, wet/dry/wet configurations, modelling amps and profilers, rack-mounted amps, stereo rigs, and audio looping systems * Rack gear: multi-effects processors and dedicated signal processors, audio loopers, amp function switching systems, and MIDI foot controllers * Guitar options: piezoelectric pickups and splitting guitar signals to multiple amps * Effects loops: choosing the right loop for your specific needs * Rig infrastructure: power conditioning, ise suppression, power attenuators, wireless systems, custom cabling, and equipment racks * Rigs of the stars: a look at the complex rigs used by many leading guitar players, including John Petrucci of Dream Theater, Alex Lifeson of Rush, and Steven Wilson and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree * Interviews with leading custom rig builders, including the legendary Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics.
- Author BiographySCOTT KAHN is a widely respected guitar and recording technologist and professional musician. As the editor in chief of MusicPlayers.com, the online magazine for serious musicians, he constantly evaluates and reviews the latest gear being developed for professional guitar players and complex guitar rigs. Kahn is also known worldwide as cofounder and guitar player for the progressive rock band Days Before Tomorrow.
- Author(s)Scott Kahn
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Pro Guides
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Content Notefour-colour photos and illustrations throughout
- Weight612 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.