All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFirst such collection to be brought together Lavishly illustrated with complete translations of Tamil, Telugu inscriptions Detailed frame-by-frame analysis Some of these temple hangings are on display at the V&A Museum, London, from September 15, 2015 to January 2016This volume is the first to bring together the V&A Museum's collection of 19th-century temple hangings from South India, made in the kalamkari style of hand drawing, mordant-dyeing and painting. This is the first time they have been fully illustrated with complete translations of their inscriptions, accompanied by detailed analyses of their narratives. Published in association with the V&A Museum, London, this volume features original research and lavish illustrations.Introduction: The Ramayana: Contructed, Killed and Brought; Ramayana Chirala; Ramayana Machilipatnam; Ramayana Srikalahasti; Ramayana Srikalahasti (English captions); Ramayana Sri Lanka; Ramayana: Selected Scenes; Balakanda Madurai; Yuddhakanda Madurai; Krishnacharita Coastal Andhra. Two Episodes from the Mahabharata; The Killing of Shishupala Madurai; The Duel between Karna and Arjuna Madurai. Two Ganga Hangings; Ganga Dupatti Machilipatnam; Ganga Dupatti Machilipatnam; Mahalakshmi Pithakam Machilipatnam. Introduction to Holy Sites; Sri Subrahmanya Temple, Tiruchendur; Sri Subrahmanyaswami Temple, Tirupparankunram; Sri Ranganathaswami Temple, Srirangam; Alagar Koyil Chittirai Festival; The Life of Christ Srikalahasti; Bibliography; Glossary; Ackwledgements.
- Author BiographyAnna L. Dallapiccola was Professor of Indian Art at the South Asia Institute of Heidelberg University from 1971 to 1995. She was appointed Honorary Professor at Edinburgh University in 1991. Rosemary Crlll is a Senior Curator in the Asian Department at the V&A Museum, London.
- Author(s)Anna L Dallapiccola,Rosemary Crill
- PublisherMapin Publishing Pvt
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintMapin Publishing Pvt
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.