All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionA young boy and his dog learn traditional Inuit kwledge Jake's puppy Kamik is growing quickly, but the dog isn't becoming any easier to handle. All Jake wants is to raise his puppy into a strong, fast sled dog, but Kamik is far from ready to pull a sled with a dog team. With some advice and a little help from his grandmother, Jake learns basic principles of how to begin training a dog to pull. Kamik finally has his first sled, and he and Jake can finally begin exploring the tundra together. But Jake and Kamik are still inexperienced, and when a blizzard starts blowing in across the tundra, Jake has to rely on his kwledge to get home. Inspired by the life memories of the author, an Inuit elder, this book lovingly presents basic dog-rearing practices that even the youngest dog lover can try.
- Author BiographyMatilda Sulurayok is an elder who resides in Arviat, Nunavut. Qin Leng is a graphic designer and an illustrator of children's books. She is the illustrator of numerous books, including Grandmother Ptarmigan and Norman, Speak! She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Matilda Sulurayok
- PublisherInhabit Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInhabit Media
- Illustrator(s)Qin Leng
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.