All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKansas, 1874 recounts the interesting and important events of that tumultous year. 1874 in the Sunflower State was a time of the Wild West and of Indian attacks, but also of a rising poet and debates on temperance. It was the year the Mennites first arrived, and when Abilene's T. C. Henry began to promote winter wheat as a good crop for Kansas farmers. Few other years in state history show Kansas in its transition from part of the frontier to its own identity so clearly.
- Author BiographyRobert Collins is the author of biographies of Bleeding Kansas leader Senator Jim Lane and Kansas Civil War general James G.Blunt, released by Pelican Publishing. He's had six railroad books published by South Platte Press, including Ghost Railroads of Kansas and Kansas Railroad Attractions. He's had stories and articles appear in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Magazine, Wild West, Tales of the Talisman, Territorial, and the Wichita Eagle. He's also had three science-fiction novels published: Expert Assistance; Lisa's Way; and Monitor.
- Author(s)Robert Collins
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.