Kant and Education: Interpretations and Commentary by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $174.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $213.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmanuel Kant's moral philosophy, political philosophy, and philosophy of judgement have been and continue to be widely discussed among many scholars. The impact of his thinking is beyond doubt and his ideas continue to inspire and encourage an on-going dialogue among many people in our world today. Given the historical and philosophical significance of Kant's moral, political, and aesthetic theory, and the connection he draws between these theories and the appropriate function and methodology of education, it is surprising that relatively little has been written on Kant's contribution to education theory. Recently, however, internationally recognized Kant scholars such as Paul Guyer, Manfred Kuehn, Richard Velkley, Robert Louden, Susan Shell, and others have begun to turn their attention to Kant's writings on education and the role of education in cultivating moral character. Kant and Education: Interpretations and Commentary has gathered these scholars together with the aim of filling this perceived void in Kant scholarship. All of the essays contained within this volume will examine either Kant's ideas on education through an historical analysis of his texts; or the importance and relevance of his moral philosophy, political philosophy, and/or aesthetics in contemporary education theory (or some combination).
- Author BiographyKlas Roth is Professor in the Department of Education at Stockholm University, Sweden. His articles, covering topics in philosophy of education, cosmopolitanism and education, and Kant's practical philosophy, have appeared in a variety of journals including Educational Theory, Educational Philosophy and Theory, Studies in Philosophy and Education, Journal of Philosophy of Education, and Philosophy & Social Criticism. Chris W. Surprenant is a Visiting Assistant Professor in Philosophy at Tulane University. His articles, covering topics in moral philosophy, political philosophy, and educational philosophy, have appeared in a variety of journals including Kantian Review, History of Philosophy Quarterly, and The Journal of Social Philosophy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChris W. Surprenant,Klas Roth
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.