All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKantor's exceptional versatility translated into him successfully establishing his multiple guises as painter, stage-director and stage-designer, draughtsman, actor, poet and happening artist. He is rewned for his revolutionary theatrical performances in Poland and abroad, and it has been said that Kantor was to Polish art what Joseph Beuys was to German art, and Andy Warhol to American art. Recently there has been a rise in interest in Kantor's work. Focusing on his comprehensive artistic oeuvre, from his visual artwork, to installation pieces and graphic works, to his celebrated invations in theatre practice. This major study is the most ambitious book on Tadeusz Kantor to be published in the English language to date. Co-edited by Katarzyna Murawska-Muthesius and Natalia Zarzecka, this volume exposes substantial critical debate surrounding Kantor's works through a collection of essays by exponents of the British art scene who personally co-operated with Kantor during his stay in the UK, including Richard Demarco, Sir Nicholas Serota and Sandy Nairne. Reviews by eminent British curators and critics, including Sarah Wilson, George Hyde and Noel Witts, will address the wider perspective on Kantor's artistic career, published here for the first time. The book is lavishly illustrated and includes previously unpublished photographs documenting Kantor's performances at the Edinburgh Festival and the Riverside Studios, and his exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery in 1976, as well as the artist's drawings, from British private collections.
- Author BiographyKatarzyna Murawska-Muthesius is Deputy Director of the National Museum in Warsaw and Reader in the History of Art at the University of London's Birkbeck College. Natalia Zarzecka is Director of the Center for the Documentation of the Art of Tadeusz Kantor: Cricoteka.
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication24/01/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note120 illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKatarzyna Murawska-Muthesius,Natalia Zarzecker
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.