Kant's Construction of Nature: A Reading of the Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science by Michael Friedman (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $155.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $126.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKant's Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science is one of the most difficult but also most important of Kant's works. Published in 1786 between the first (1781) and second (1787) editions of the Critique of Pure Reason, the Metaphysical Foundations occupies a central place in the development of Kant's philosophy, but has so far attracted relatively little attention compared with other works of Kant's critical period. Michael Friedman's book develops a new and complete reading of this work and reconstructs Kant's main argument clearly and in great detail, explaining its relationship to both Newton's Principia and eighteenth-century scientific thinkers such as Euler and Lambert. By situating Kant's text relative to his pre-critical writings on metaphysics and natural philosophy and, in particular, to the changes Kant made in the second edition of the Critique, Friedman articulates a radically new perspective on the meaning and development of the critical philosophy as a whole.
- Author BiographyMichael Friedman is Frederick P. Rhemus Family Professor of Humanities, Director of the Patrick Suppes Center for the History and Philosophy of Science and Professor of Philosophy at Stanford University. His more recent publications include Reconsidering Logical Positivism (Cambridge, 1999), A Parting of the Ways: Carnap, Cassirer, and Heidegger (2000) and Dynamics of Reason: The 1999 Kant Lectures at Stanford University (2001). Friedman is the editor and translator of Immanuel Kant: Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science (Cambridge, 2004) and co-editor of The Cambridge Companion to Carnap (with Richard Creath, Cambridge, 2007).
- PrizesWinner of Fernando Gil International Prize for the Philosophy of Science 2015.
- Author(s)Michael Friedman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight1030 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.85Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $78.87Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.