Karma Peace: A Tale of Mystery, Magic and Madness by Connie M Van Cleve (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKarma Peace, a frustrated 36 year-old writer, is two quarts low on confidence and three floats shy a parade. Unwilling to accept a questionable diagsis of mild schizophrenia and postpartum psychosis, she abandons her husband and twin three year-olds for the land of India. There, she crosses swords with Whisperthing - the hateful voice of her dead mother - while receiving life lessons from an invisible, chocolate-thieving guru named Babaji, who's been with her since childhood, but magically materializes upon her arrival in Delhi. From there, Karma stumbles across India, desperately searching for clues about her past life as a British Raj soldier, and the suspicious death of his paramour, a Hindu temple dancer. Only then can she finish the vel she has been working on for nearly two decades, called Truth Is a Stranger. But even with six stolen months at her disposal, Karma finds traveling in India rough. Whisperthing becomes increasingly vicious, and the past-life dreams and visions haunt her, leaving her more confused than ever. Then she meets a parapsychologist, a whirling dervish of sorts, who introduces her to the present incarnation of her past-life lover, a ten-year-old Indian girl whose masochistic and suicidal tendencies have driven her own parents to the brink. As Karma fights one battle, she finds herself embroiled in two, strangled with guilt over abandoning her precious family, as well as over suspected wrongs committed in a former life - past sins responsible for an Indian girl's self-destruction in this life. When she receives word from her husband, Warren, that he and the girls are coming to India to cheer her on, the sati flames are turned on high as she struggles to destroy her madness once and for all! You haven't experienced a trip like this since 'Eat Pray Love' or 'The Alchemist'! So come on! Join the Journey!
- Author BiographyConnie M. Van Cleve is a dedicated forty-something writer with an insatiable passion for for life and for travel. She spent six months backpacking in India, and has trounced across thirty-four other countries as well. She has studied world religions and cultures, with particular focus on Hinduism and Buddhism, and is keen on society's growing quest for spirituality, with a strong desire of her own to be a contributor, if even in a small way. You can find out more about Connie M. Van Cleve at - www.karmapeace.net - or make a connection with her on Facebook!
- Author(s)Connie M Van Cleve
- PublisherKundalini Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKundalini Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $12.14Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.