All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.13
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.27
About this product
- DescriptionA single mother of five, Ellen Rogers has endured her fair share of tragedy, having lost both her first husband and stepdaughter to cancer. But thing could have prepared Rogers for the June 2005 car accident that left her son Ned-w twenty-five years old-a quadriplegic with a brain injury. The road to Ned's recovery was long and discouraging, but when Helping Hands: Monkey Helpers for the Disabled stepped in to provide him with a service animal to help him cope with his disabilities, things turned around. Kasey-an adorable, mischievous, fun-loving capuchin monkey-helped Ned and his family to see the world in a new way. In this extraordinary memoir, Rogers paints a vivid portrait of a large and loving family and the challenges that they face together. She shares the low points (the phone call that changed her son's life), the high points (the monkey play that led to Ned's increased mobility), and the strangely in-between (bathing Kasey in the kitchen sink) with equal parts heart and humor. The story of an ordinary family thrust into extraordinary circumstances, this inspiring book proves that old adage: where there's life, there's hope.
- Author BiographyA former marketing executive, Ellen Rogers is a mother of five who lives with her family, their two dogs, and one little monkey in Concord, Massachusetts. Kasey to the Rescue is her first book. Joyce Bean is an accomplished audiobook narrator and director. In addition to being an AudioFile Earphones Award winner, she has been nominated multiple times for a prestigious Audie Award. Equally adept at narrating fiction and nonfiction, her titles include Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman, Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts, and several Jayne Ann Krentz novels. Joyce lives in West Michigan.
- Author(s)Ellen Rogers
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Joyce Bean
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time540
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.