All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKata Legrady (Hungary 1974) belongs to that long line of artists for whom an object offers the stimulus for artistic thought. Her approach takes the form of a symbolic encounter between objects associated with childhood with those associated with violence. In her work, an artillery shell, a bomb, a pistol, a Kalashnikov can be transformed from devices of death to works of art. The book gathers the work exhibited at Mudima foundation of the artist from the Guns and Candies of 2008, to the Gasmasks of 2009, Little Boy in 2009 and 2010, and the more recent works, from 2011: Mickey, Pearl Harbor; Government Balancoir; CatWoman; Cheval a Bascule, all the way to the Disney series. At first sight there is precise message, hidden aspect. We are t dealing with complex and stratified arrangements of images or objects but with restrained, frontal and simplified compositions. They are carriers that, as Jeff Koons put it so well, are there to stimulate and activate the viewers mental and physical state.
- Author BiographyArturo Schwarz is a scholar, art historian, poet, writer, lecturer, art consultant, and curator of international art exhibitions.
- Author(s)Arturo Schwarz,Bazon Brock,Gino Di Maggio
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note73 colour illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width224 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid Rosenberg
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.