Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.95+ AU $15.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by brad_and_el
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Kate Fenn marries a young Italian medical student in London in the mid-thirties she finds herself, as Caterina d'Alessandria, in Tuscany when World War II breaks out. With her brother and brother-in-law in opposing armies, a husband imprisoned for his anti-Fascist activities and a small daughter to protect, Kate Caterina struggles to hold on to her sense of identity and her faith in a better future. A story of love, sacrifice and betrayal which gives a striking impression of what it was like to live through the war, and especially the civil war, in Italy.
- Author BiographyWilliam Riviere was born in 1954 and brought up in Norfolk. After leaving Cambridge, he spent several years in Venice, and later worked in Japan and travelled extensively around the Far East. He is the author of four previous novels; Watercolour Sky (winner of a Betty Trask Award); A Venetian Theory of Heaven and Earth, Eros and Psyche and Borneo Fire. He has is married to a painter, and teaches at the University of Urbino in Italy.
- Author(s)William Riviere
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication19/07/2001
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date04/04/2007
- Weight257 g
- Width128 mm
- Height25 mm
- Spine195 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.