All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her huge success with her first feature-length movie, seventh-grader Kate Walden is eager to start on her next film, a sci-fi romance called Bride of Slug Man. When a new kid comes to town from New York City, Kate thinks she might have a new found film buddy-someone to share her interest with. And it doesn't hurt that he's pretty cute. But it turns out that Tristan is making his own movie, and w the classmates Kate thought were eager to join her cast and crew are divided. With rumors spreading in school and between sets, Kate finds herself juggling more than just call times and rewrites. And judging from the whispers Kate hears about Tristan Kingsley, she suspects that he isn't interested in having a fellow film-buff friend; he just wants to prove himself as the best filmmaker in school by winning the Big Picture Film Festival. Kate vows to enter too, and tries to focus on just making the best movie she can. But between the cutthroat popularity contest, a bully situation that goes from bad to worse, and several on-set mishaps, Kate is going to need all the movie magic she can get to make sure Bride of Slug Man hits the big screen.
- Author BiographyJulie Mata grew up outside Chicago and currently lives in Wisconsin. She loves movies and once wrote and directed her own short film. She also loves traveling, gardening, and reading a really good book. She is the author of Kate Walden Directs: Night of the Zombie Chickens.
- Author(s)Julie Mata
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleKate Walden Directs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.