Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKatherine Hepburn's films include: Little Women (1933); The Philadelphia Story (1940); The African Queen (1951); The Madwoman of Chaillot (1969); The Glass Menagerie (1974); and, On Golden Pond (1981). Of all the stars of Hollywood's golden era, Katherine Hepburn had the longest and least conventional career. Conforming to ne of the stereotypes of female stardom - such as the exotic outsider like Garbo or Dietrich, a victim of the studios like Judy Garland, or a creature of the system like Joan Crawford or Lana Turner - instead, her screen persona was always intelligent, wilful, and independent. This seminal volume offers a feminist reading of Hepburn's films, and argues that her presence, and sheer force of will, caused many in Hollywood to look more closely at issues such as class, female sexuality, and women's oppression. One of the few worthwhile studies of American cinema to focus on the impact of a star rather than a director of genre, this is an essential volume for all movie lovers.
- Author(s)Andrew Britton
- PublisherCameron & Hollis
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationMoffat
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCameron & Hollis
- Content Note116 b&w photographs & movie stills
- Width168 mm
- Height247 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.