All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn line with the recent surge of critical interest in early psychology, the contributors read Mansfield's work alongside figures like William James and Henri Bergson, opening up new perspectives on affect in her work. While these essays trace strands within the intellectual milieu in which Mansfield came of age, others explore the intricate interplay between Mansfield's fiction and Freudian theory, seeing her work as emblematic of the uncanny doubling of modernist literature and psychoanalysis.
- Author BiographyClare Hanson Professor of Twentieth Century Literature at the University of Southampton. Her first book was on Katherine Mansfield, followed by a chapter on Mansfield in Short Stories and Short Fictions (1985) and an edition of Mansfield's critical writings (1987). Her current research is in literature and science, recent books including A Cultural History of Pregnancy (2004) and Eugenics, Literature and Culture in Post-war Britain (2012). This volume of Katherine Mansfield Studies brings together her interests in Mansfield and the history of science. Gerri Kimber, Visiting Professor in the Department of English at the University of Northampton, is co-editor of the annual yearbook Katherine Mansfield Studies, and Chair of the Katherine Mansfield Society. She is the deviser and Series Editor of the four-volume Edinburgh Edition of the Collected Works of Katherine Mansfield and the author of Katherine Mansfield: The View from France, and A Literary Modernist: Katherine Mansfield and the Art of the Short Story. W. Todd Martin is Professor of English at Huntington University, USA. He teaches twentieth-century British and American literature and has published on such various authors as John Barth, E. E. Cummings, Clyde Edgerton, Sherwood Anderson, Julia Alvarez, Edwidge Danticat, and Katherine Mansfield. He is the Membership Secretary for the Katherine Mansfield Society and the Liason-Editor for Katherine Mansfield Studies.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byClare Hanson,Professor W Todd Martin,Senior Lecturer Gerri Kimber
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.