All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA simple approach to successful forex trading Many foreign exchange traders use either fundamental analysis or technical analysis and they're often considered to be mutually exclusive approaches. But FX does t have to be traded that way - fusing the two types of analysis will improve your research and, more importantly, your trading results. This is how Kathleen Brooks trades foreign exchange and she has found it to be extremely successful. In Kathleen Brooks on Forex she reveals the secrets of this approach, demonstrating the indicators she uses, and showing through detailed examples how she plans and executes profitable trades. At the heart of Kathleen's trading philosophy is the principle that fundamental factors - politics, ecomics and societal changes - cause currency prices to move in the medium to long term (and sometimes in the strangest ways), but throughout the day the price movements are based upon technical factors. Building a trading plan around the two sets of factors works for her and by reading about how she does her pre-trade market analysis (the homework), forms a trading plan and puts the plan into action, you will see how to apply this principle in practice in your own trading. The book is divided into four sections: - Part A - using fundamental indicators to gain an impression of the market - Part B - using technical indicators to refine your trading plan - Part C - fusing fundamental and technical analysis to select trades - Part D - revealing Kathleen's risk management techniques Kathleen's description of her method, and ideas on how you can use it too, will appeal to anyone who wants to learn more about how to trade foreign exchange as well as those already in the market looking for a fresh approach. Blissfully free of rhetoric, written in an accessible personal style and punctuated with anecdotes from Kathleen's unique career in the markets, this is a new and refreshing look at foreign exchange.
- Author BiographyKathleen Brooks is UK and EMEA research director at Forex.com based in London. She uses both fundamental and technical methods in her analysis and often fuses the two to get a complete picture of the market. Her philosophy of market analysis is to break things down to their most simple parts and build from there. She is a regular contributor to Yahoo Finance, Reuters Great Debate and she is often quoted in international publications including the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times. She can be seen regularly on business TV including CNBC, CNBC Arabia, Sky News Australia and the BBC. She started her career in finance at BP where she worked first as a business analyst in its trading division and then as a trading analyst in its foreign exchange dealing room. Prior to joining Forex.com she was a financial features writer for City A.M. Kathleen holds an undergraduate degree in English Literature and Classical Civilization from Trinity College Dublin, and a Master's of Science from The Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University in New York City.
- Author(s)Kathleen Brooks
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.