All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe result of three years of work in California's Central Valley, Katy Grannan's new series The 99 features large-scale color portraits and black-and-white photographs. Grannan's recent photographs are set in the parched landscape and forgotten towns along Highway 99, including Modesto, Fres and Bakersfield. In her intensely vivid color portraits, the artist works at midday when the sun is direct and the heat is unrelenting, presenting each individual, often simultaneously heroic and vulnerable, against stark, white backgrounds. In the black-and-white photographs, many of her subjects re-appear on Modesto's South 9th Street and along the banks of the Tuolumne River. Everyday rituals, small interactions and moments of beauty on the fringes of society are depicted in detail, conferring significance to what is often overlooked. This large-format, two-volume, slipcased mograph gathers this series for the first time.Katy Grannan (born 1969) has published three previous mographs: Model American, The Westerns and Boulevard. Her photographs are included in the collections of the Whitney Museum of American Art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, the Guggenheim Museum, New York, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, among others. Grannan lives and works in Berkeley, CA.
- PublisherFraenkel Gallery,US
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFraenkel Gallery,US
- Weight1637 g
- Width310 mm
- Height380 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographer(s)Katy Grannan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.