All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to pop princesses, Katy Perry has set the standard for the current decade. In her first five years as a commercial recording artist shes won eight Grammy minations and released a smash hit movie t to mention a string of chart-topping singles and platinum albums and is the only artist ever to have spent over 52 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of the Hot 100. This was a reward for years of struggle when she couldnt afford her rent and was rejected by two major record labels after recording albums for them. Her troubled upbringing in a deeply religious family where pop music was banned, plus a failed marriage to British actor Russell Brand, also make her unique among pop females. Katys pop videos have been hailed as works of art, taking the medium to new levels of humor and artfulness, and in 2012 she was hailed by music trade magazine Billboard as their Woman of the Year. She appeals to male and female fans from six to 60, changes her hair color and wardrobe at the drop of a hat, and is, as one critic put it, all five Spice Girls rolled into one. From Teenage Dream to California Gurl and beyond, the fact and speculation about Katy Perrys past, present, and future make for fascinating reading.
- Author(s)Michael Heatley
- PublisherMason Crest Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitlePop Icons
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMason Crest Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.