All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough military rockets have been used since the Middle Ages, it was t until the Soviet Union pioneered the concept of Multiple Rocket Launchers (MRLs) in the late 1930s that they emerged as a decisive weapon. In the modern era, these Soviet/Russian Katyushas have served in combat in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and Georgia. Developed to fill the operational need for massed artillery fire support, the MRL possesses ermous destructive power and a devastating psychological impact. This New Vanguard provides a survey of Soviet and Russian Federation MRLs from the beginning of their development in 1941 to the present. It focuses on the history, design, and specifications of self-propelled ground MRL systems, but also covers towed, static, railway, and naval mounts. It highlights the many variants of the principal systems and include MRL unit tables of organization and equipment, information on MRL munition types, and coverage of dedicated MRL resupply vehicles.
- Author BiographyJamie E. Prenatt is a senior analyst in the Department of Defense, with a particular interest in weapon systems development. He has over 30 years of military and civilian intelligence experience and has served in a wide range of analytic, leadership, and representational assignments. He holds an MA in Government/National Security Policy from Georgetown University. He has taught military history, wargaming, and historical miniature painting at the Smithsonian Institution for several years and intelligence studies at the university level. Adam Hook studied graphic design, and began his work as an illustrator in 1983. He specializes in detailed historical reconstructions, and has illustrated Osprey titles on subjects as diverse as the Aztecs, the Ancient Greeks, Roman battle tactics, several 19th-century American subjects, the modern Chinese Army, and a number of books in the Fortress series. His work features in exhibitions and publications throughout the world.
- Author(s)Jamie Prenatt
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume Number235
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note20 b/w; 27 col
- Weight167 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Hook
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.