All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book provides the full history and specifications of the groundbreaking Kawasaki Z1. The author describes how the motorcycle became a sensation after its launch in 1972, with its incredible performance coupled with convenience, reliability and practicality. Although pipped to the post as the first 'superbike' by the 1969 Honda CB750 Four, the Z1 came roaring back with extra power and 130mph top speed to kck the opposition into second place. The most powerful Japanese 4-cylinder 4-stroke motorcycle of its time, the Z1 also had excellent handling characteristics and received rave reviews in the motorcycle press. Rod Ker describes the various makeovers that the model received later in its production life and how it was re-born as the fuel-injected GPz1100. Although later superceded by lighter and more efficient designs, based on the all-new water-cooled GPZ900, the Z1 had already become established as a classic and was also an appreciating asset.
- Author BiographyRod Ker has been a contributor to motorcycle and car magazines for over 25 years and is the author of the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Guide. He has also written for the Telegraph. He lives in Stafford.
- Author(s)Rod Ker
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.