All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoel Collins draws on his experience to help the readers learn to roll a kayak or improve the roll they already have. The approach is to illustrate the ideas with clear photo sequences, keeping the text to a minimum. Rolling is learnt by working through a sequence of exercises to allow the learner to 'feel' what is required. Once the initial sequences have been learnt, problems are identified and solved. The learners are then provided with exercises to prepare them for the challenges involved in rolling in rough water and given advice on how to cope when they get there. For those who wish to improve an unreliable roll, a flow chart helps them to plan a learning sequence and choose the appropriate exercises. Although aimed at kayakers, the book is also a mine of useful tools for the coach looking for tools that they can use when teaching rolling.
- Author BiographyLoel Collins is the head of the canoeing department at Plas y Brenin, the National Mountain Centre, and was formerly the Director of the National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn. Loel is one of the UK's leading coaches. His passion lies in coaching white water skills and exploring and travelling in both kayak and canoe. He has paddled and taken part in first descents in many parts of the world including Papua New Guinea, Pakistan and Iran... and he has a reasonably reliable roll!
- Author(s)Loel Collins
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2004
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.