All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionKayaks are growing in popularity as a fun, low-impact way to explore rivers or paddle on local waters. Combining easy-to-follow instructions with 472 colour photographs, Kayaks You Can Build takes the reader, step-by-step, through the entire construction cycle of building a plywood kayak. This simple construction process demands neither special skills r a wood-working shop. This book includes: - Short history of the kayak - Choose the right kayak for your needs and skill level - Setting up your work area and how to build a work table and cradle forms - Details of all the necessary tools, materials and supplies - Tricks of the trade - Laying fibreglass cloth - Minimising exposure to toxic fumes and dust - Avoiding and correcting mistakes - Popular kayak kits - Ted Moores is the bestselling author of Caecraft. In 1972, Moores pioneered the woodstrip / epoxy boatbuilding system for caes and, since then, has promoted the fine art of wooden-cae and kayak construction. Greg Rossel builds and repairs small wooden boats and is an instructor at the Wooden Boat School in Maine. The definitive book for kayak builders. Drawing on more than thirty years of boatbuilding and teaching experience, it enables the first-time builder to assemble a kayak with truly professional results. 472 clear step-by-step colour photographs show you every stage of construction.
- Author BiographyTed Moores is the bestselling author of Canoecraft. In 1972, Moores pioneered the woodstrip/epoxy boatbuilding system for canoes and, since then, has promoted the fine art of wooden-canoe and kayak construction. Greg Rossel builds and repairs small wooden boats and is an instructor at the Wooden Boat School in Maine. Rossel is the author of Building Small Boats.
- Author(s)Greg Rossel,Ted Moores
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2004
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Note472col.ill.
- Weight1347 g
- Width273 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.