All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1860s in Japan, a new era is dawning. During this time fraught with violent social upheaval, samurai of all walks of life flock to Kyoto in the hope of joining a band of warriors united around their undying loyalty to the Shogunate system. This group became one of the greatest (and most infamous) movements in Japanese history...the Shinsengumi! When word arrives that the rewned assassin Sakamoto Ryoma is active again, the Shinsengumi must come up with a plan to stop him. Sei, still undercover as the male warrior Kamiya Seizaburo, tries to persuade her superiors that he s t the threat they believe him to be, but to avail. Will she take matters into her own hands, despite the risk to herself and her troop?
- Author BiographyTaeko Watanabe debuted as a manga artist in 1979 with her story Waka-chan no Netsuai Jidai (Love Struck Days of Waka). Kaze Hikaru is her longest-running series, but she has created a number of other popular series. Watanabe is a two-time winner of the prestigious Shogakukan Manga Award in the girls category--her manga Hajime-chan go Ichiban!(Hajime-chan is Number One!) claimed the award in 1991 and Kaze Hikaru took it in 2003. Watanabe read hundreds of historical sources to create Kaze Hikaru. She is from Tokyo.
- Author(s)Taeko Watanabe
- PublisherViz Media
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitleKaze Hikaru
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViz Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.