All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving earned an international reputation with his booker-prize-winning vel, The Remains of the Day, Kazuo Ishiguro is fast emerging as an important cultural figure of our times. In this guide to Ishiguro's varied and often experimental work, Wai-chew Sim presents: * a biographical survey of Ishiguro's literary career, and an introduction to his vels, plays and short stories * an accessible overview of the contexts and many interpretations of his work, from publication to the present * discussions of key topics in Ishiguro criticism such as narrative theory, multicultural Britain and postcolonial studies, psychoanalytic criticism, and Ishiguro as international writer * cross-references between sections of the guide, in order to suggest links between texts, contexts and criticism * suggestions for further reading. Part of the Routledge Guides to Literature series, this volume is essential reading for all those beginning detailed study of Kazuo Ishiguro and seeking t only a guide to his works but also a way through the wealth of contextual and critical material that surrounds them.
- Author BiographyWai-chew Sim is Assistant Professor at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Author(s)Wai-Chew Sim
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Guides to Literature
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight258 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.