All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn intrepid band of intelligence officers and warriors, led by Captain James Keane, have been given their toughest job yet by Wellington. Both British and French armies have retreated from the old university city of Coimbra, leaving it in ruins, the inhabitants destitute and the houses full of wounded from all sides. Infiltrating the streets are Spanish guerrillas who may support either side, local Portuguese determined to avenge the horrors inflicted upon their city and rival spies seeking a book of ciphers, hidden in the famous library of Coimbra, guarded by a dissident Jesuit group. James Keane and his men are sent into the midst of this t only to prevent the book falling into enemy hands but also to discover which of the ruthless guerrilla groups are to be trusted and supported by the British. But should they follow Wellington's orders - or follow others in the hunt for Massena's hidden gold?
- Author BiographyIain Gale, art critic, journalist and author, comes from a military family and has always been fascinated by military history. He is an active member of the Scottish Committee of the Society of Authors and the Friends of Waterloo Committee. He is the Editor of Scotland in Trust, the magazine for the National Trust of Scotland, and founded the Caledonian magazine. He lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Iain Gale
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Series TitleKeane
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeron Books
- Weight228 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.