Keep Your Brain Young: The Complete Guide to Physical and Emotional Health and Longevity by Guy M. McKhann, Marilyn Albert (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate user's guide to the brain...highly intelligent, straightforward, and important. --Kay Redfield Jamison, Ph.D. As Seen in Time magazine and on the Today Show Guy McKhann and Marilyn Albert are to middle-aged people and seniors what Dr. Spock is to babies and their parents. Keep Your Brain Young is must reading for anyone over fifty; it should be on your bedside table. ----Judy Woodruff, CNN, and Al Hunt, The Wall Street Journal I highly recommend this readable, informal, and entertaining guide to achieving and maintaining optimum brain functioning as we age...A single, reliable, comprehensive guide to the changes we all can expect as we enter the second half of life. ----Richard Restak, M.D., coauthor of The Longevity Strategy Your brain controls and powers virtually every aspect of your life ---- and like the rest of your body, it changes with age. In Keep Your Brain Young, two of the world's leading brain doctors guide you through the changes you may encounter as you get older and as your brain matures. Based on state-of-the-art research and supplemented with dramatic case histories, this comprehensive resource shows you the latest techniques for maintaining memory, managing stress, and coping with sleep disorders and depression, offering prescriptive exercises you can put into action right away. You'll also learn how to enhance your mental and physical functioning while reducing the risk for serious diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Read Keep Your Brain Young and gain the kwledge and confidence you need to manage the aging process, take care of your brain, and stay active and alert for many years to come.
- Author BiographyGUY McKHANN, M.D., is Professor of Neurology and Neuroscience at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and founding Director of the Zanvyl Krieger Mind/Brain Institute at Johns Hopkins. He is the founding Chairman of the Department of Neurology at Johns Hopkins and has appeared on 60 Minutes and in other national media. MARILYN ALBERT, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology at Harvard Medical School. She is Director of the Gerontology Research Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital and was recently appointed Director of the Division of Cognitive Neuroscience and the CoDirector of the Johns Hopkins Alzheimer's Disease Research Center. She has appeared on the Today show, PBS-TV, and in other national media. Drs. McKhann and Albert are husband and wife.
- Author(s)Guy M. McKhann,Marilyn Albert
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication06/06/2003
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.