All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Keeper of Genesis, Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock present a tour de force of historical and scientific detective work and answer the following questions: When and where did history begin? When was the genesis of civilisation in Egypt? How and why were the Great Sphinx and the three pyramids of Giza designed to serve as parts of an immense three-dimensional model of the sky of 'First Time'? What is contained in the rectangular chamber that seismic surveys have located in the bedrock far below the paws of the sphinx? What lies behind the mysterious doors recently discovered at the end of a previously unexplored shaft inside the Great Pyramid? And does mankind have a rendezvous with destiny - a rendezvous t in the future, but in the distant past - at a precise place and time? Using sophisticated computer simulations of the ancient skies to crack the millenial code that the monuments transcribe, Bauval and Hancock set out a startling new theory concerning the Pyramid Texts and other archaic Egyptian scriptures.
- Author BiographyAdrian Gilbert is the author and independent publishing consultant. In 1991 he set up Solos Press, a small publishers specialising in Christian Mysticism, Gnosticism and the Hermetic tradition of Egypt. He has been researching Ancient Egypt for over twenty years and regards the discoveries contained in The Orion Mystery as crucial to our understanding of the pyramid age. Robert Bauval was born in Egypt in 1948. A construction engineer, his interest in Egyptology is long standing, having lived in Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East for much of his life. In the 1980s he developed a line of study linking the pyramids and the so-called Pyramid Texts with astronomy. He has published several papers on this subject and his findings have been presented at the British Museum. His is the co-author of three international bestsellers: The Orion Mystery and Keeper of Genesis and more recently The Secret Chamber.
- Author(s)Graham Hancock,Robert Bauval
- Date of Publication03/02/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Note16 b&w halftones
- Weight235 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.