Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionA wealth of qualitative data concerning urban districts and their school superintendents in the United States is contained in this book. Theodore J Kowalski examines the lives of 17 urban school superintendents focusing on their problems and aspirations. Of particular significance is the discussion of how factors such as community environment, organizational change and culture, and the person in the job combine to influence decision-making and administrative behaviour.
- Author BiographyTheodore J. Kowalski, Ph.D., is a former public school teacher, principal, associate superintendent, and superintendent. He has taught at Purdue University and served as professor and director of doctoral programs in educational administration at Saint Louis University. From 1981 to 2000, he was employed at Ball State University, where he was dean of the Teachers College. In 2000, he became the Kuntz Family Endowed Chair in Educational Administration at the University Dayton. Professor Kowalski is the author of over 180 professional publications, including 27 books. He is the editor of the Journal of School Public Relations, serves on the editorial boards Educational Administration Quarterly and the AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, and was editor of the 2001 Yearbook of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration. In 2011, he received the Distinguished Service Award from the American Association of School Administrators for his research and books on school administration. He has extensive experience as a planning consultant, speaker, and workshop facilitator. In addition to the superintendency, his primary research interests include organizational behavior, school public relations, and decision theory.
- Author(s)Theodore J. Kowalski
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date03/06/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.