All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionKeeping God at the Center is informative as well as instructional. It contains four kinds of teaching: first, insights derived from pondering the meaning of selected phrases and prayers from the traditional liturgy; second: four chapters on the personalist theology behind traditional Jewish prayer; third, meditations on the liturgy and clear instructions on how to pray certain prayers; and, fourth, instructions on how to pray certain prayers mystically. Both those well-acquainted with the prayerbook and those completely unfamiliar with it will be able to derive benefit from this book. It is a continuation of the main themes of Blumenthal's earlier work in Jewish spirituality, theology, and mysticism.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Blumenthal is the Jay and Leslie Cohen Professor of Judaic Studies at Emory University. His key works include: Understanding Jewish Mysticism (2 vols.), God at the Center, Facing the Abusing God: A Theology of Protest, The Banality of Good and Evil: Moral Lessons from the Shoah and Jewish Tradition, and Philosophic Mysticism: Essays in Rational Religion. He is the subject of David R. Blumenthal: Living with God and Humanity.
- Author(s)David R. Blumenthal
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Weight394 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.