All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt 3am I was startled awake by the opening of the stairgate. Leaping out of bed I found Mum, clothes on over her pyjamas, grumbling she was fed up of being moved from pillar to post and was going home. When her mum was diagsed with Alzheimer's disease, Marianne Talbot decided she couldn't put her into a care home. Instead, for five years, she looked after her mum in her own home. For nearly three of those years she chronicled for the readers of Saga Magazine Online the fears and frustrations, the love and the laughter, and the tears and the traumas of caring. Now, in this heart warming book, you too can meet Marianne, Mum, and the appalling Fatcat. You will also find plenty of practical tips for caring for someone with dementia and on staying sane whilst doing so, a resources and useful contacts section and Marianne's reflections on caring from a distance, and on when caring comes to an end. Written for anyone, anywhere, who has anything to do with dementia or with caring; in reading it you will kw you are t alone.
- Author BiographyMarianne Talbot left school at 15. She is now Director of Studies in philosophy at Oxford University's Department for Continuing Education, where she specialises in ethics and the philosophy of mind. Marianne cared for both her parents from a distance for 9 years before bringing her mum to live with her. She enjoys swimming, cycling, reading detective novels and going out with friends. A donation of 5 per cent of the author's profits from sales of the book will go to Alzheimer's Research UK.
- Author(s)Marianne Talbot
- PublisherHay House UK Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHay House UK Ltd
- Weight287 g
- Width131 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.