All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her 9-year-old son wanted to play summer travel baseball, Shann had idea the toughest competition was off the field.... When her son Sam asks to try out for a travel baseball team, divorced mom Shann Stevens thinks it'll be a fun and active way to spend the summer. Boy, is she wrong! From the very first practice, Shann and Sam get sucked into a mad world of rigged try-outs, professional coaches, and personal hitting instructors. But it's the crazy, competitive parents who really make Shann's life miserable. Their sons are all the second coming of Babe Ruth, and Sam isn't fit to fetch their foul balls. Even worse, Shann's best friend Jennifer catches the baseball fever. She schemes behind the scenes to get her son Matthew on the town's best baseball team, the Saints. As for Sam? Sorry, there's room for him! Sam winds up on the worst team in town, and every week they find new and humiliating ways to lose to the Saints. And the action off the field is just as hot. Shann finds herself falling for the Saints' coach, Kevin. But how can she date a man who didn't think her son was good eugh for his team ... especially when the whole baseball world is gossiping about them? Even Shann's ex-husband David gets pulled into the mess when a randy baseball mom goes after him. As Sam works to make friends, win games and become a better baseball player, Shann struggles t to become one of those crazy baseball parents herself. In this world, it's t about whether you win, lose, or how you play the game... it's all about KEEPING SCORE.
- Author BiographyA lifelong resident of Maryland, Jami Deise recently moved to St. Petersburg, Florida, along with her husband Tom, son Alex, and dog Lady. A baseball mom for over 10 years, Keeping Score is her first novel. Jami is an associate reviewer at www.chicklitcentral.com and blogs at www.jamideise.blogspot.com. Follow her on Twitter @JamiDeise.
- Author(s)Jami Deise
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.