All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe didnt think she mattered to anyone, much less to God. Life was little more than a nightmare, a dark narrative that included seduction and child rape, emotional brutality, and all the countless injustices that flow in its wake. It began when she was twelve and didnt end until she was seventeen. And though the horror was repeated over and over again, she could tell one what was happening to her. However dark our secrets might be, they are never truly idle. They lie to us. They tell us awful things about ourselves. They shape our thought life, and make us afraid. It wasnt until she told the person who would later become her husband the whole story did liberation come. And it is still coming. In the hands of a loving God, a God who t only sees but cares and responds, our nightmares become redemptive tales. Our darkest secrets show themselves for what they are (and what they are t). Keeping Secrets is a true story. Its about survival and recovery from the madness of childhood sexual abuse. And, happily, its about redemption.
- Author BiographyIlonka Deatons inspiring message of hope is one of victorious life for any wounded heart. Growing up in South Africa, she was held in sexual slavery bondage for five years through the threat of her and her familys life. Now set free and redeemed, she sings and speaks to audiences across the U.S. She encourages individuals through the love of Jesus Christ and to reminds them that their stories matter. As a recording artist, ilonka has nine recorded albums, performing internationally, and also collaborating and performing on projects with Michael W. Smith, Jill Philips, Rebecca St. James, and others. She has a degree in Biblical Counseling and is a member of The American Association of Christian Counselors. In 2012, she and her husband opened a free Counseling Center in Nashville for hurting women. She loves Yorkies, scrap booking, a warm sunny day, and fly-fishing with her husband.
- Author(s)Ilonka Deaton
- PublisherDunham Books
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDunham Books
- Weight298 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.