All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $25.08
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful show jumper is dead, and it's all her fault ... which is why 14-year-old Kate McGregor has put horses and riding out of her life, forever. But her new summer job as a companion to Holly Chapman, a former riding star who's w confined to a wheelchair, takes Kate back to the barn-the last place she wants to be. Can Kate keep her terrible secret from Holly, who is fast becoming her best friend? More important, can she keep her secret from Angela Dean who lives for only two things-winning ribbons and causing trouble? Kate manages to hide her secret until a riding accident forces it into the open ... and it's just the moment Angela has been waiting for.
- Author BiographyMaggie Dana's first riding lesson, at the age of five, was less than wonderful. She hated it so much, she didn't try again for another three years. But all it took was the right horse and the right instructor and she was hooked. After that, Maggie begged for her own pony and was lucky enough to get one. Smoky was a black New Forest pony who loved to eat vanilla pudding and drink tea, and he became her constant companion. Maggie even rode him to school one day and tethered him to the bicycle rack ... but not for long because all the other kids wanted pony rides, much to their teachers' dismay. Maggie and Smoky competed in Pony Club trials and won several ribbons. But mostly, they had fun - trail riding and hanging out with other horse-crazy girls. At horse camp, Maggie and her teammates spent one night sleeping in the barn, except they didn't get much sleep because the horses snored. The next morning, everyone was tired and cranky, especially when told to jump without stirrups. Born and raised in England, Maggie now makes her home on the Connecticut shoreline. When not mucking stalls or grooming shaggy ponies, Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and writing the next book in her Timber Ridge Riders series.
- Author(s)Maggie Dana
- PublisherPageworks Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPageworks Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.