Keeping the Republic: Power and Citizenship in American Politics by Gerald Wright, Christine Barbour (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $96.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarefully condensed from the full version by authors Christine Barbour and Gerald C. Wright, Keeping the Republic, Brief Edition gives your students the continuity and all the crucial content of the big book, in a more concise, value-priced text. Throughout the book, the authors draw students in to the study of American politics, teaching them to think critically about who gets what, and how and exploring twin themes of power and citizenship. In this new edition, the authors have partnered with award-winning information designer Mike Wirth to create a series of stunning, data-rich infographics, presenting information in new, more revealing ways. Combining critical thinking skills, pedagogically rich visuals, and the seminal work in the field of American politics, this trusted text is ideal for students who want to take an active part in their communities and government.
- Author BiographyChristine Barbour teaches in the political science department and the Hutton Honors College at Indiana University, where she has become increasingly interested in how teachers of large classes can maximize what their students learn. At Indiana, Professor Barbour has been a Lilly Fellow, working on a project to increase student retention in large introductory courses, and a member of the Freshman Learning Project, a university-wide effort to improve the first-year undergraduate experience. She has served on the New York Times College Advisory Board, working with other educators to develop ways to integrate newspaper reading into the undergraduate curriculum. She has won several teaching honors, but the two awarded by her students mean the most to her: the Indiana University Student Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Faculty and the Indiana University Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists Brown Derby Award. When not teaching or writing textbooks, Professor Barbour enjoys playing with her dogs, traveling with her coauthor, and writing about food. She is the food editor for Bloom Magazine of Bloomington and is a coauthor of Indiana Cooks! (2005) and Home Grown Indiana (2008). She is currently working on another cookbook and a book about local politics, development, and the fishing industry in Apalachicola, Florida. Gerald C. Wright has taught political science at Indiana University since 1981. An accomplished scholar of American politics, and the 2010 winner of the State Politics and Policy Association's Career Achievement Award, his books include Statehouse Democracy: Public Opinion and Policy in the American States (1993), coauthored with Robert S. Erikson and John P. McIver, and he has published more than fifty articles on elections, public opinion, and state politics. Professor Wright has long studied the relationship among citizens, their preferences, and public policy. He is currently conducting research with grants from the National Science Foundation and the Russell Sage Foundation on the factors that influence the equality of policy representation in the states and in Congress. He is also writing a book about representation in U.S. legislatures. He has been a consultant for Project Vote Smart in the past several elections. Professor Wright is a member of Indiana University's Freshman Learning Project, a university-wide effort to improve the first-year undergraduate experience by focusing on how today's college students learn and how teachers can adapt their pedagogical methods to best teach them. In his nonworking hours, Professor Wright also likes to spend time with his dogs, travel, eat good food, and play golf.
- Author(s)Christine Barbour,Gerald Wright
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.