Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionKeeping the User in Mind provides a practical down-to-earth look at instructional design and its uses in the academic library. Focus is given to teaching and measuring information literacy skills, and chapters also review the history of the field, providing an overview of some relevant techlogical invations that might be a part of any library's instructional design mosaic. Fuelled by the need for asynchrous learning, the availability of the Web, and the need to evaluate learning outcomes, instructional design covers a wide range of approaches and models. How do libraries build environments that support learning, encourage the infusion of techlogy and be nimble eugh to adjust to changing user needs? Instructional design is an area that may provide some insight. This book will provide a down-to-earth look at instructional design and its uses in the academic library, with a particular look at teaching and measuring information literacy skills. Chapters also review the history of the field, and provide an overview of some current relevant techlogical invations that might be a part of any library's instructional design mosaic.
- Author BiographyValeda Dent Goodman has worked as a librarian and library administrator for more than twelve years. She holds an MSW from the University of Michigan's School of Social Work and an MILS from the University of Michigan's School of Information Science. Her research interests include information literacy, agent technology, and rural libraries and literacy. She has published numerous articles in several journals including Library Hi Tech, New Library World, Libri, Research Strategies, College and Undergraduate Libraries and Reference and User Services Quarterly. Dent Goodman is currently working on her PhD at the Palmer School of Information Science, Long Island University, New York.
- Author(s)Valeda Dent Goodman
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.