All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForty years after his death, Hans Kelsen (1881-1973) remains one of the most discussed and influential legal philosophers of our time. This collection of new essays takes Kelsen's Pure Theory of Law as a stimulus, aiming to move forward the debate on several central issues in contemporary jurisprudence. The essays in Part I address legal validity, the rmativity of law, and Kelsen's famous but puzzling idea of a legal system's 'basic rm'. Part II engages with the difficult issues raised by the social realities of law and the actual practices of legal officials. Part III focuses on conceptual features of legal systems and the logical structure of legal rms. All the essays were written for this volume by internationally rewned scholars from seven countries. Also included, in English translation, is an important polemical essay by Kelsen himself.
- Author BiographyLuis Duarte d'Almeida is Chancellor's Fellow in Law at the University of Edinburgh. John Gardner is Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of Oxford. Leslie Green is Professor of the Philosophy of Law at the University of Oxford.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight605 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJohn Gardner,Leslie Green,Luis Duarte d'Almeida
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.