All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalkers in Kent enjoy a number of long distance footpaths, including the North Downs Way, Wealdway, Pilgrims' Way and Greensand Way, and sections of them are incorporated into several walks in this guide. Routes starting at Tenterden and Penshurst wind through a typical Kentish landscape, characterised by orchards, medieval churches and coast houses. Deal and Sandwich, featured on ather walk, were once centres for smugglers, while walks along the cliffs of Dover and Folkestone evoke historic maritime events. In contrast, Romney Marsh and the Swale have a wild and lonely beauty which evoke a more contemplative mood.
- Author BiographyDavid Hancock is an outdoor writer and photographer based in Kent. He has worked in Travel Guide Publishing for over twenty years and has written and revised several Pathfinder(R) Walks and Crimson Short Walks titles in the south of England.
- Author(s)David Hancock
- PublisherOrdnance Survey
- Date of Publication08/08/2016
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitlePathfinder Guides
- Series Part/Volume NumberPF08
- Place of PublicationSouthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrdnance Survey/Crimson
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.