Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis definitive collection of the Bluegrass State's odd, wacky, and most offbeat people, places, and things is filled with quirky photographs throughout and maps for each region. Kentucky Curiosities includes humorous state facts and amusing stories and serves as a combination almanac, off-the-wall travel guide, and wacky news gazette.
- Author BiographyVince Staten is the author of thirteen books, including the bestsellers Did Monkeys Invent the Monkey Wrench? and Jack Daniel's Old-Time Barbecue Cookbook. He is a freelance writer, author, syndicated columnist, movie critic, lecturer, professor and restaurateur. (And one of these days he plans to settle down and pick a career.) His writings have appeared in many newspapers, including the New York Times, Boston Globe, Dallas Times Herald, Baltimore Sun, and Kingsport, Tennessee Time-News, and Review, Icon, and Bon Appetit magazines. For seven years he served as a Commissioner of the City of River Bluff, Kentucky (population 356). He was never indicted.Reporter Liz Baldi has written for Kentucky Monthly and other publications.
- Author(s)Vince Staten
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCuriosities Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight19 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.