Key Concepts in Economic Geography by James T. Murphy, Yuko Aoyama, Susan Hanson (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $132.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $269.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and highly readable review of the conceptual underpinnings of ecomic geography. Students and professional scholars alike will find it extremely useful both as a reference manual and as an authoritative guide to the numerous theoretical debates that characterize the field. - Allen J. Scott, University of California Guides readers skilfully through the rapidly changing field of ecomic geography...The key concepts used to structure this narrative range from key actors and processes within global ecomic change to a discussion of newer areas of research including work on financialisation and consumption. The result is a highly readable synthesis of contemporary debates within ecomic geography that is also sensitive to the history of the sub-discipline. - Sarah Hall, University of Nottingham The nice thing about this text is that it is concise but with depth in its coverage. A must have for any library, and a useful desk reference for any serious student of ecomic geography or political ecomy. - Adam Dixon, Bristol University Organized around 20 short essays, Key Concepts in Ecomic Geography provides a cutting edge introduction to the central concepts that define contemporary research in ecomic geography. Involving detailed and expansive discussions, the book includes: * An introductory chapter providing a succinct overview of the recent developments in the field. * Over 20 key concept entries with comprehensive explanations, definitions and evolutions of the subject. * Extensive pedagogic features that enhance understanding including figures, diagrams and further reading. An ideal companion text for upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate students in ecomic geography, the book presents the key concepts in the discipline, demonstrating their historical roots and contemporary applications to fully understand the processes of ecomic change, regional growth and decline, globalization, and the changing locations of firms and industries. Written by an internationally recognized set of authors, the book is an essential addition to any geography student's library.
- Author BiographyYuko Aoyama is Associate Professor and Henry J. Leir Faculty Fellow of Geography at the Graduate School of Geography, Clark University and is currently an editor-in-chief of Economic Geography. Her main areas of interests are in global economic change, technological innovation, and cultural economies. She has published in a wide variety of topics in the economic geography of technology industries, including Japan's foreign direct investment in the electronics industry, technological adoption by consumers and globalization of the retail sector, comparative evolution of the video game industry, and the organizational dynamics of the logistics industry. As a former Abe Fellow (SSRC) and recipient of research grants from National Science Foundation's Geography and Regional Science and Economics Programs, she currently serves on the editorial boards of Urban Geography and GeoJournal.
- Author(s)James T. Murphy,Susan Hanson,Yuko Aoyama
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Concepts in Human Geography
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.