All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionOrganized around eight fundamental ideas, Key concepts in energy history explores the discoveries, techlogies and new paradigms in the field of energy, and how they have changed the course of history. Complex technical concepts such as the rebound effect , techlogical hybridization , marginal cost pricing are explained in clear terms and a balanced and concise account of t energy sources in the XIX and XX century such as wood, coal, oil, hydroelectricity and nuclear energy is provided. Key concepts in energy considers the process of energy-substitutions and analyzes it as a process of complementary usages, hybridization and techlogical mixes. The ex-post view tends to focus on replacement from among alternative energy-techlogies and is basically invation-centric. This means that little attention has been given to factors such as the windows of opportunities created by governments, inventors and entrepreneurs. This book highlights how key energy concepts surfaced, tracing their evolution throughout history. It encompasses four ecomic concepts (rebound effect, energy intensity, marginal cost pricing and levelized cost accounting) and four techlogical-engineering concepts (primary/final energy, techlogical hybridization, last gasp and probable oil reserves). The main benefit from reading the book is a cross disciplinary overview of energy fundamentals in a short and focused reading.
- Author BiographyNuno Luis Madureira is Professor at Lisbon University Institute. With a formative background in history he became furthermore interested in economics, environmental and engineering sciences developing a cross-disciplinary approach to global energy issues. The book Key concepts in energy history results from several years of research in European archives but also from the experience and archival investigation pursued as visiting scholar at Harvard University and Berkeley University. Since 2006 the author has also carried on several assessments for the European Science Foundation.
- Author(s)Nuno Luis Madureira
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.