All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- Description'Includes a large number of user-friendly examples that integrate mathematics content and process standards. The step-by-step guidance and explanations in each chapter are beneficial' - Melissa Miller, Teacher, Randall G. Lynch Middle School, Farmington, AR 'Great activities that are exploratory in nature. A valuable resource' - Carol Amos, Teacher Leader and Mathematics Coordinator, Twinfield Union School, Plainfield, VT Helping teachers see how math standards can be integrated into the secondary classroom, Key Concepts in Mathematics, Second Edition presents engaging activities and ready-to-use lessons. This user-friendly book by mathematics educator Timothy J. McNamara is filled with a generous collection of lessons, with many activities that address multiple standards, and numerous practical suggestions for extending the lessons beyond the curriculum. In addition, this updated resource combines mathematics and techlogy by incorporating graphing calculator applications and programmes.Each chapter offers: / Ready-to-use lessons, hands-on activities, practical suggestions, and an abundance of good problems / Suggestions for integrating multiple topics and concepts in each lesson / Strategies to strengthen student engagement, understanding, and retention by building connections among mathematics topics This exciting guide delivers exactly what is needed for today's standards-based math classroom!
- Author BiographyDr. Timothy J. McNamara is a private mathematics consultant specializing in K-12 systemic improvement efforts for schools and school districts nationwide. Tim has served as both a math teacher and curriculum supervisor in western New York since 1975. He has taught students from grade seven through fourteen, at all levels of ability from remedial to gifted, and in both public and private-school settings. He has also written articles for numerous math teacher journals, and was founder and faculty editor for the Nichols School of Buffalo student mathematics publication, The Nth Degree. Tim is a contributing member of a variety of professional organizations, including the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and has facilitated countless conference workshops around the country, including numerous presentations at NCTM national conferences. In 1993, Tim was honored as the New York State recipient of the prestigious Presidential Award for Excellence in Secondary Mathematics Teaching.
- Author(s)Timothy J. McNamara
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.